Love the challenge of understanding how a company does research and how they collect and analyze their data? Want to help them solve their data problems? We want you on our team!
The role is a full time position based at our headquarters in Guildford and requires a good knowledge of drug discovery research and how they work with data. You will be working as part of a tightly knit team dedicated to delivering our solutions to customers.
What you can expect
We’re committed to seeing people grow and their careers develop, here is what you can expect to be doing in the first 6 months:
Month 1: You’ll be part of a team working with existing and new customers to deliver BioRails to solve their data issues. You’ll work closely with other consultants and customer teams, helping to ensure that we understand their needs and deliver the right configuration of our products to solve their workflow and data issues.
Month 3: You’ll be up to speed with our products and have gained experience of how to use them. You’ll be taking more responsibility for creating new Morphit binders and BioRails workflows to address customer assay data analysis and planning requirements.
Month 6: You’ll be capable of working autonomously on new customer projects, discussing their needs and documenting how best to address them. You’ll work together with others to complete larger projects but be responsible for delivering your part. You’ll be looking for ways to improve processes and streamline project delivery.
We’d love to see
You’re going to need a few years of industry experience and a firm grasp of the fundamentals of software for drug discovery, attention to detail, be a professional communicator and a hunger to learn and grow.
We’re specifically interested to see:
- Enthusiastic social team players that enjoy life. We love the work we do and have built a fun, relaxed environment that encourages team collaboration as well as individual growth. We’re looking for people that will help us build a great culture and continue to make The Edge a great place to work.
- Strong problem solving & organisation skills
- A high attention to detail
- Experience of using LIMS and other pharmaceutical related software
- A good knowledge of Drug Discovery and particularly DMPK
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to express your ideas clearly to internal teams and clients.
- An ability to multi-task. As a small company we often have multiple projects running at any one time, you’ll be expected to meet multiple deadlines across multiple projects.
- A passion to learn and grow
Experience of the following are not a requirement but will give you an advantage:
- Experience of doing business analysis and preparing software requirements
- Experience of commercial LIMS, ELN or other systems
- An ability to use spreadsheets and implement spreadsheet solutions
- A back ground in biological sciences, chemistry or equivalent used in the pharmaceutical industry
What you’ll be using
We use a wide range of tools and frameworks depending on the needs of the project, some of the most common you’ll be working with include:
As a valued part of our team you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to travel
- A great work/life balance
- An opportunity to develop & grow your skills within an expert team
- Access to a PC with all required software
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 25 days annual leave a year
- Flexible working hours
Salary guide: Depends on experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no deadline for applicants, we’re keen to hire the right person and willing to take our time to find them.
No recruiters/agencies please! We’re looking for a talented, motivated individual that has shown the desire to work with us by taking the time to contact us directly.
About The Edge
The Edge have been around since 2005 providing cutting edge data management and workflow systems for those involved in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical research.
What we do
We are a classic software and services company, creating products that solve real world problems for scientists involved in discovering new drugs and treatments that help to improve the lives of patients. We are a small piece of the puzzle that helps to transform lives.
We’re a relaxed and friendly team and enjoy taking a collaborative approach to working with clients. We’ve got an eye for detail, and specialise in understanding scientific problems.