Graduate Software Tester
This position is in our Quality Assurance department reporting to the head of quality assurance.
Summary of Role
Software Testers provide a vital role within the company to help ensure that our software meets the high standard of quality demanded by our customers. Working closely with the Developers and Product Owner to test new features and deliver high quality reusable test scripts against specification within an agile development environment. As a small company we offer an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to rapidly gain experience and responsibility.
You’ll be part of the team, work closely with colleagues and build a career in the software industry. Join us on our journey and helping our customers to discover and develop new medicines that help improve and save lives all over the world.
1. Developing test scripts and test data against specification.
2. Executing test scripts, creating defects and providing a test report to the project team
3. Working with the test team to incorporate feature tests into regression tests
4. Creating test environments
5. Analysing new requirements and reviewing documentation
6. Liaising with support engineers to understand customer defects
Candidate must have:
· Honours degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computing
· Strong IT skills
· Attention to detail
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
The candidate may have experience of:
· Programming skills, Basic Linux
· Database use and knowledge, preferably Oracle
· Knowledge of Agile Software Development
· Experience of Pharmaceutical R&D