Love testing software and relish the challenge of finding the issues before anyone else? We want you on our team!
The role is a full time position based at our headquarters in Guildford and requires a good knowledge of software testing. You will be working as part of a tightly knit team dedicated to improving the quality of our software solutions.
What you can expect
We’re committed to seeing people grow and their careers develop, here is what you can expect to be doing in the first 6 months:
Month 1: You’ll work on a number of existing projects, testing issues found by our customers and reported through the support organization. You’ll work closely with our other testers, helping to ensure that fixes address the problem detected and that these are in new releases to customers.
Month 3: You’ll be up to speed with our products and have gained experience of how to test them. You’ll be taking more responsibility for creating new tests and working with developers to write tests for features they are developing.
Month 6: You’ll be capable of working autonomously on long running tasks, understanding how to test real world scenarios as well as specific features. You’ll work together with others to complete larger projects but be responsible for testing your part. You’ll be looking for ways to improve processes and introduce test automation.
We’d love to see
We don’t expect years & years of industry experience, but we do expect a firm grasp of the fundamentals of testing, attention to detail, consistency and a hunger to learn and grow.
We’re specifically interested to see:
- Enthusiastic social team players that enjoy life. We love the work we do and have built a fun, relaxed environment that encourages team collaboration as well as individual growth. We’re looking for people that will help us build a great culture and continue to make The Edge a great place to work.
- Strong problem solving & organisation skills
- A high attention to detail
- Experience testing web applications
- A good knowledge of Testing Principles
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to express your ideas clearly to others in the team and possibly to clients.
- An ability to multi-task. As a small company we often have multiple projects running at any one time, you’ll be expected to meet multiple deadlines across multiple projects.
- A passion to learn and grow
Experience of the following are not a requirement but will give you an advantage:
- Experience working with developers
- Experience with server configuration (linux)
- An ability to use test frameworks like TestRail
- Interest in learning test automation using Selenium, Cucumber or equivalent
What you’ll be using
We use a wide range of tools and frameworks depending on the needs of the project, some of the most common you’ll be working with include:
As a valued part of our team you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- A great work/life balance
- An opportunity to develop & grow your skills within an expert team
- Access to a PC with all required software
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 25 days annual leave a year
- Flexible working hours
Salary guide: £23-30k (depending on experience)
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. There is no deadline for applicants, we’re keen to hire the right person and willing to take our time to find them.
No recruiters/agencies please! We’re looking for a talented, motivated individual that has shown the desire to work with us by taking the time to contact us directly.
About The Edge
The Edge have been around since 2005 providing cutting edge data management and workflow systems for those involved in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical research.
What we do
We are a classic software and services company, creating products that solve real world problems for scientists involved in discovering new drugs and treatments that help to improve the lives of patients. We are a small piece of the puzzle that helps to transform lives.
We’re a relaxed and friendly team and enjoy taking a collaborative approach to working with clients. We’ve got an eye for detail, and specialise in understanding scientific problems.